One person dies every hour from oral cancer in the United States. Late detection of oral cancer is the primary reason that mortality rates are so dismal. As with most other cancers, age is the primary risk factor for oral cancer. Though tobacco use is a major predisposing risk factor, 25% of oral cancer victims have no lifestyle risk factors.
Oral Cancer Detection
Early detection is vital to the survival of any cancer. Oral cancer is no different.
Oral Cancer Risk profile
- Patients age 40 and older (95% of all cases)
- 18-39 years of age combined with any of the following:
- Tobacco use
- Chronic alcohol consumption
- Oral HPV infection
- Patients age 65 and older with lifestyle risk factors
- Patients with history of oral cancer
If you are in a moderate to high-risk category, we recommend an oral cancer screening annually. DON”T DELAY--- IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE!
Schedule a dental exam
Nearly 50% of children will have at least one cavity by age 5.Schedule here
- Mon, Tue, & Thurs 7am - 4pm
- Wed 9am - 4pm
- Every Other Fri 7am - 11am
I have never had a dentist perform such an in-depth exam as this and then Dr. Ahn spent more time explaining things to me and going into great detail showing me what is going on with my teeth. The whole staff is very friendly and made the experience an enjoyable visit.
Grover S -Patient since 2017,